About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Friday 22 January 2021

Tartan Pinecones

Tartan pinecones ... or another way of putting it ... our Christmas cards this year

Oh, except they are now last years as I have not blogged in so long I missed the boat

but, hey-ho, not the biggest disaster in the world for we are al surely living through that right now

Went for monochromatic tartan backgrounds simply stamped and embossed in white and then started cranking the handle of the Big Shot cutting out more composite parts of the pinecone die than I care to count

Was going to say hundreds and hundreds but having just done a quick sum in my head it is over a thousand ... 

seemed like a good idea at the time - you know, when you make just ONE card as a test to see if you like it, quite forgetting to then multiply it by the actual number of cards you will need

nothing ever changes though and I have no doubts I will be writing the exact same words next year

 

  Was happy with the overall effect so stuck with it for family and close friends but made them into traditional cards ... you know, ones that open rather than being a tag 

Still get grief from some for "only" making tags but if you get a card from me it is most likely it will always be a tag so just go with it ok for I am not about to change what is my"thing" ... blame Tim Holtz whose tags called to me many years ago and continue to do so


Products used :

Tim Holtz (Ranger) Distress Spary Stain

Vintage Photo / Gathered Twigs / Walnut Stain / Antique Linen / Hickory Smoke / Peeled Paint / Bundled Sage / Shabby Shutters

Tim Holtz (Ranger) Distress Oxide Spray

Brushed Corduroy / Vintage Photo / Ground Espresso / Hickory Smoke

Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Colorize Thinlets Die Set :Festive Trims 664733 

Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous) Stamp Set :  Christmastime CMS352

Versamark Pad

White Embossing Powder

Sakura Quickie Glue Pen

DecoArt Glamour Dust - Crystal

 

Then came the cards for the littlies ... our five wonderful great nephews and niece

Didn't make a note of the stuff I used but all pretty basic stuff I had on hand

 





This year saw the first little girl born in the family for 36 years!!!




 So that was them ... seems a long time ago now ... teach me to be tardy with my blogging

Note to self for 2021 - blog more regularly!  (Yeah, right!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment