About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Thursday 6 July 2017

Ammonite Circle

As soon as my new circular canvas boards arrived I kinda, sorta knew what I wanted to do with one of them

I wanted the open parts to look like cracks in the rock
It didn't really work but I am quite happy with it
and you don't hear me say that very often
(I can hear the thud of those who know me falling off their chairs from here!)

All done with Powertex (Lead & Ivory)  & the fossils were made with that air-dry paperclay stuff - I made up a whole 1kg block of ammonites so have plenty to play with


Colouring done with bisters & highlights with Finnabair's mica powders 
Texture added with mulberry fibres and artstones, texture powder and 3D Flex






Such a messy process ... but sure is fun!


1 comment:

  1. Donna, you shouldn't doubt yourself, this is stunning!
    This is a beautiful canvas, just wish I could put something together this stunning, I love it.

    ReplyDelete