About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 29 March 2017

WOYWW 408

Short one this week so head desker Julia over at The Stamping Ground 
will love me forever.

Didn't expect to have all this on my workdesk I have to say.

Making  memorial cards for the funeral of my dearest, darling daddy who died very suddenly and unexpectedly last Thursday (23rd).

Need to keep busy as the post mortem is most likely taking place today - or maybe tomorrow - they don't tell you much.

But can't let myself think about all that stuff.
Barely able to function
so even keeping the cards simple it is a struggle
Want to do some heat embossing on them 
but can't remember what inkpad to use
crazy really

So, my daddy, oh my daddy, this workdesk Wednesday is for you



No comments are necessary as it is most unlikely I will be able to return your visit - can barely string two thoughts together

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss, especially as it was so unexpected. Hugs and best wishes. I'm sure everyone's thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm perfectly sure that the WOYWW community wouldn't be able to read of your loss without leaving a comment. On that basis I've linked your blog over at mine. Sending love and hugs and understanding. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie, I'm so very sorry to read of your loss. Sending you love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you very gentle hugs. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia has it perfectly Debbie. We all send you huge hugs and so much love to help you through this. XxXx Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbie. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I trust that making those cards - however long they take - will bring you fond memories and comfort. Don't think about replying - just know we are here for you.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #29

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all here for you Debbie...it doesn't seem like 9 months ago that my dad went. At least making the memorial cards is a way of keeping your hands busy even if you can't do anything else....sending big hugs,
    LLJ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of your dad's unexpected passing. You'll find yourself crying and laughing and then crying again as you process your loss and reflect on his life. Big hugs to you at this time. Dorlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of your dad's passing. When mine died in 2001 I was devastated. But time goes on. It is good to do something to keep yourself busy. Big Hugs, Lindart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry you lost your wonderful Dad. My father passed away a while ago, and I have never gotten over it... I always say that my dad was a legend, and legends never die, do they? Time helps - I also wrote my Dad's eulogy which did help me a lot. I hope you find peace in beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have been following your FB page today so I know the outcome of the PM. You are doing a wonderful thing for his service, and I know they will turn out beautifully. please don't beat yourself up - you did everything you could (don't try and tell me otherwise, you were a far more dutiful daughter than I ever was) Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure every die cut is full of love and keeping you busy is helping at the difficult time. Hugs BJ#20

    ReplyDelete