About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Rust does the blues

Finding I am having to force myself back into being arty since losing daddy
But forcing myself I am!

So, Rust Does The Blues
Get it?
Clever huh?
Does it need explaining as I am sure it only makes sense to my befuddled little grey cells?

The rust is obvious ... the blues a play on words representing my mood and the colour scheme
See, told you it was clever!

Anyway, I didn't want glitter or beads or stones on this one
I wanted the colours of the embellishments to tell the story
so just stuck them on as randomly as I could and let Finnabair's waxes colour them

The paintbrushes were thrown away by a chap who attended Finn's class down in Christchurch in Feburary ... when I heard they had been thrown away I gasped and the lady who had been sitting next to him rummaged through the bin to find them for me!  Thank you Carole Davis!

I didn't get the effect I wanted with the first layer of crackle paste
so thought "what the heck" and went for it with the copper crackle
talk about busy, busy, busy
but I kept Finnabair's quote firmly in my mind
"Minimalistic composition is not my cup of tea"
and figured I hit the brief with this one








 Products used:
 9" x 12" (23cm x 30cm) canvas
Old papers - no idea of brand or design
Graphite Pencil (yeah, honest!)

Art Extravagance Texture Paste:
Clear Crackle 
Copper Crackle

Prima / Finnabair Stencil : Dots & Stripes
Tim Holtz Stencil : Flourish

Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray : Afternoon Denim Delight

Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint : Midnight Sky

Art Alchemy Opal Magic Wax 
Blue Velvet
Vintage Silk

Art Alchemy Brilliance Wax : Mystic Turquoise

Art Alchemy Metallique Wax
Rich Copper
Vintage Gold




Think I might tone down the blue edge with black gesso but yet to decide



2 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, this is truly wonderful, I love it all, I'm a minimalist and also fussy details crafter... as the mood takes me. ;-)
    You've really excelled adore the background built up too, so very clever in every sense of the word.
    I'm sorry re loss of your darling dad, my dad is in nursing home and I'm very aware each day we have him is a gift of God and try to treasure it all, as he isn't 100% but coming well for His she, all things considered. Not sure if it was Father's Day where you were last weekend, it was in US, but not here, I think it's harder then.
    Sending hugs and prayers, you post came up on my sidebar and glad it did.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit it should be "Going well for his age" rather than "coming well for His she"!!! Auto correct... or me not sure which. :( xxx

      Delete