About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Saturday 28 March 2020

Wind the bobbin up ...

Sang that song so many times during my years (all 16 of them!) running a mother & todder group
so it was inevitable I had the bloomin' tune rattling around my head whilst working on this

An altered vintage bobbin 
really quite different for me
the biggest difference being it is pink
and I absolutely HATE pink
but these are challenging times for all of us right now so I decided to embrace change
and see what happened
I didn't actually faint using pink ... can't see me doing it again any time soon though!

The heart is based very much on a composition Finnabair did during one of her FB Lives (I think) ... I did it once before and was quite pleased with it so decided to do pretty much the same for this
I know we are all feeling pretty much the same and my brain is mush right now
can barely string two thoughts together let alone come up with an original design so used Finn's piece as inspiration

I could easily sit an do nothing other than wallow at what we are all facing but that would do me no good at all so I am working hard at pushing through the fear and uncertainty and keep busy and productive
We are twelve days in to our isolation & it feels like there is such a long way to go ... but, hey, we are all in the same boat so am trying to keep positive and look ahead to all the hugs and cuddles and kisses my family will be getting once this is all over
They have been warned!





I forgot to take any photos as I made this but there isn't much to share really

I wanted to keep the thread that was left on the bobbin so stuck some heavy lace over it
The heart was made flat and then adhered to the bobbin but once in place I decided I wanted to add a little more of the green wax ... but Finn's heavy body gel is so amazing the heart was stuck firm and there was no problems tweaking the colours

PRODUCTS USED :
Finnabair (Prima Marketing)
Art Basics : Soft Gloss Gel / 3D Gloss Gel / Heavy Body Gel
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax : Rose Gold / Mint Sparkle
Art Ingredients Art Sugar : Light Pink
Finnabair Stamp Set : Wild & Free
Mini Stamp : Script
Finnabair Mechanicals : Rustic Washers / Woodland Ferns / Machine Parts

Mitform Castings
Scrapinec Decorative Chipboards 

Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain : Victorian Velvet / Black Soot
Archival Ink Pad : Hickory Smoke
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray : Frozen Jack Frost

Odd bits of lace & cheesecloth & paper flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment