About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Finnabair Patreon Challenge - Night Dreams

A new challenge was set by Finnabair for her Patreons with the theme being Night Dreams and the requirements being to use mica powders in at least two ways.

Being a lover of mica powders anyway I wasn't worried about that part of the challenge (for once!) and I instantly knew what I wanted to make 

Sent a template off into the garage for himself to cut for me from "anything wooden ... nothing special ... don't  mind it a bit rough " (the moons, silly, nothing naughty!!!!)

Back they came and after a little tweaking were exactly what I wanted ... himself is very useful !!!

My idea was to portray that dreams can be both dark & moody & scary but also pleasant & light & happy too

Unfortunately, right now, my dreams (and I am sure those of many) are rather on the dark & scary side

I used the same colours on both as I knew they would look very different on the black and on the white but I kept the dark one mechanical and the light one flowery ... at least that is what I tried to do

I really enjoyed making this but have yet to decide if I will share it in the Finnabair group ... it was suggested to me that it has nothing to do with dreams but I figure it is my interpretation so am just a bit confused right now over what to do

Time will tell!

The quote kinda says it all really 




PRODUCTS USED:

Finnabair (Prima Marketing)
Art Basics Heavy Gesso - Black / White
Art Basics - 3D Gloss Gel / Heavy Body Gel / Soft Gloss Gel
Art Ingredients Mica Powder :
Frozen Lake / Lilac Opal Magic / Purple / Teal / Deep Water 
Pale Silver / Gold Opal Magic
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax :
Brushed Iron / Old Silver / Electric Violet / Peacock
Blue Lagoon / Mint Sparkle
Art Ingredients Art Sugar - White
Art Ingredients Glass Glitter - Midnight Blue
Art Extravagance Glitter Set - Carribean
Finnabair Stars & Moon Mould
Resin (no idea what brand)

Tim Holtz Stencil - THS131

No comments:

Post a Comment