About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Friday 2 April 2021

Dance Slowly

 Started this violin - my third one - some time ago but could never get the composition as I wanted so gave up and put it in the cupboard until inspiration came a-calling again

It took a while but as soon as I saw Finnabairs new ornate frame mould I had a spark of an idea

This violin had such a beautiful shiny wooden case that, although damaged in parts, was too good to paint over so I left it to speak for itself and hoped the decoration would sit happily in contrast ... this is why there is no glitter or beads added to the composition 



Once it started to fall into place I loved making this - shades of peacock blue, copper and gold - very much my favourite colours to use

No comments:

Post a Comment