About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 15 May 2019

WOYWW 519

Well it was fully my intention to join in on Whizzday each week but when your motivation and inspiration levels are zero and your desk is looking dreadfully empty there is not a lot to share

There actually is stuff on my desk today - left overs from surprises for the forthcoming 10th Anniversary Crop of this weird and wonderful blog-sharing business - an inspired thought up by our dearest and much loved Head Desker, Julia, al those years ago.  So if you want to see desks far more exciting than mine head along to The Stamping Ground and take a wander around the country, nay, the world, and see actual creative people in full flow.


So what is on my desk this bright and spring like Wednesday morning?

The clues are there!

Rubber gloves can mean only one thing (and then I forget to put them on!) - next to them two tubs of Stone Art which is another big hint.

On the far right are a few ammonites drying (collected from the beach this morning and now drying in the heat of  the conservatory ... or made yesterday with Stone Art Clay and left overnight ... you can pick whichever version you prefer but in my head they most definitely came from the beach!)

There is a small 8"x8" canvas all ready with its layer of Stone Art but inspiration is yet to strike so it will be sitting there for a good few more days, weeks, months yet I fear.
But you never know - it may well be transformed before the day is out

For those who do not have a clue what I am on about - rubber gloves + Stone Art can mean only one thing really ... Powertex!

So, aiming to keep She Who Must Be Obeyed happy I am keeping this short(ish) and sweet (hopefully)

Happy WOYWW Whizzday fellow bloggers!
xXx

PS:  See what happens when I forget the rubber gloves


The eagle-eyed of you might notice what is in the background but ... sshhh! Secrets!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Doers this all mean you will be at the Crop?
    Lovely work on your desk - my kind of art. Never got around to Powertex yet - I long to but so far haven't. Please do not tempt me.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx-

    ReplyDelete
  2. You completely threw me with the 'shells on the beach'.... you only live up the road! Love the thought....
    Hope you can make the crop this year, it's good to see your work in person, it always amazes me.
    Have a good week
    Christine #25

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mucky hands - there seem to be quite a few people showing these today! Those ammonites are incredible - how clever you are, they look real!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work !
    Darlene #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the most artistic of all the desks I have visited so far this morning, Debbie. I love that you use Powertex. I'd never heard about it until I read that Helen (H) had used it. It sounds like something I would love to try, too. I'm impressed with the ammonites,too. They sure look real. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous looking art work at the back of your desk - simply stunning! The ammonites are great. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you again Debbie, and all those signs of work... I have made some atcs to swap for the crop/next week but nothing extra and am starting to feel guilty... might have to see what I can do! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie, it must be the week for mucky hands lol. Hope it all washed off easily! Hope to see you at the Crop if you can make it. Have a lovely week Heather x #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all that beautiful artwork propped up on your desk! I have never tried powertex but I am sure I could make a good mess of my hands if I did! I hope you do come to the crop! Hugs, Chrisx 33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects you have. I love powertex stuff though haven't done anything for a while and must get back to it some time. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgetting to put on gloves seems to be a bit of a theme this week on WOYWW visits Debbie lol. Love the artwork on display on your desk! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enlarged the photo to see some of your projects. They are gorgeous! Love the shot of your fingers, reminds me of mine only with lots of inks.
    Sorry to be so late in coming by:
    Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie,yeah, I always forget to put gloves on too. I'm forever getting ahead of myself- I did it yesterday on my ATC's, lol. Love being able to see all your artwork at the back of your desk. All amazingly awesome. Love & hugs, Shaz #15 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning projects on your desk and can't wait to see the finished project.
    sandra de @23

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Debbie that is so like me too, or I remember and then take them off thinking I’m done and no... do some more without them... looks very interesting, your work is amazing. Hope you’re able to go to crop.
    Hopefully don’t lose this for some reason blogger embedded comment boxes are unstable plus. Tell on latest post how to fix if interested.
    Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #20

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work, when ever powertex is mentioned it always reminds me of a project my Daughter created for college on an old door 5 years ago. A fun discovery back then but one we too would forget about the need for gloves. Look forward to seeing what becomes of that canvas. Thanks for sharing WoyWW Tracey #4

    ReplyDelete