About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Thursday 22 March 2012

The birds are blue!

Following on from my WOYWW post yesterday I am DeLigHtEd to report the die came as expected and within a very short space of time I had my 21 little birdies cut out and decided they just had to be BLUE.
Will post a photo' once they are done ... one might even be my Pixie's Snippet for this week as I found some short lengths of ribbon that I had saved from something or other ... could have been some pretty soap I got in Scotland ... and if I am very careful and measure twice and cut once, there should be enough to use on the tags.
With my cross-stitching I usually only ever have one project on the go at once so I need to get my next one organised before the current one gets finished over Easter.  I had no intention of stitching another Lavender & Lace angel and fully intended to start my Christmas sewing thus avoiding my annual December nervous breakdown as I work like frenzy to get all my Christmas crafting done.
Alas, those angels are calling to me though and I think I am just going to have to tackle one of them next.  Christmas is still a very long way off, isn't it?  Plenty of time yet!
Right, first task today is to put some blue Stickles onto the birdies so that can dry and then I can attach the wings later on ... then they just need the very carefully measured and tied ribbons attaching and that will be another 21 cards ticked off the list for this year!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Debbie for your lovely message on my “Monday,Blues post ” when I went to look after Mum and Dad . It was so kind of you and I was overwhelmed by your kindness.
    Dad is much better now, he has a recurring abscess , but a course of anti-biotics seems to do the trick. Sadly Mum had a massive stroke 4 years this May and will never be fine, she is unable to move or speak , but she can communicate by facial expressions, Dad is her carer , she has 4 x2 carers visits per day. So when Dad gets poorly I have to step to care for them both. Thank you again for your kindness. I am now back and on track . I made a card last night and posted it this morning before I went out.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie I keep allsorts just like you , those bits of ribbon off soaps and those that hang from dress sleeves which are meant to hang the dress on the hanger I use it all . Gosh you also must have such patience with cross stitching , it is such an art. sadly I cannot sew anymore due to loosing full use of my right hand and arm but I love cross stitched images.

    Hey Debbie christmas is just around the corner if this year has anything to go by it has flown
    Have fun painting the birds Blue
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, Thankyou so much for the lovely comments left on my blog. My cross-stitch has not been touched since 17th December as on the 18th I broke 3 bones in my wrist and have not yet tried to stitch so far, I have a floor frame, but love my rings mainly unless its a huge piece. My daughter loves Tim too and is doing his course at the moment, so she will keep me up to date with things. Her blog is: curiousncraftytreasures.blogspot.co.uk/ Trying to finish a wedding card this morning as my hand gave out on me last night. Happy Crafting. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete